Asphalt Plant Operator
Location: 630 Plainfield Road, Jewett City CT, 06351
Job Type: Full-time
American Industries is looking to add to its team. We are in need of a Plant Operator to oversee functions at our Asphalt Plant for our upcoming paving season.
The ideal Plant Operator will have previous experience in an Asphalt Plant environment, but we are willing to train the right person.
The Plant Operator will be responsible for the successful operation of the plant. You will be in charge of monitoring and operating process control equipment. The primary functions of the Plant Operator include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee plant operations.
- Monitor and troubleshoot operating equipment.
- Perform general housekeeping.
- Ensure plant adheres to safety and environmental rules.
- Conceptualize, design, and implement plant improvement projects.
- Identify process deviations and perform root cause/corrective action.
- Conduct area inspections and audits.
- Perform calibration check of scale accuracy at the beginning of each work shift.
- Control and operate equipment such as loaders, drills, tractors, trucks, crushers, excavators, forklifts, bulldozers, and cranes.
- Handle material and cargo.
- Perform preventive and routine maintenance.
- Use scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Observe gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Replenish inventory as needed.
Pay is commensurate with experience.